Don’t let the tiny size of wild blueberries fool you! Mother Nature has packed these sweet little gems with twice the antioxidant power of regular blueberries. These blue beauties are one of the most nutrient-rich superfruits you can eat.
The health-giving power of these small, lowbush berries is derived from their ability to adapt to the challenging, cold conditions of the regions where they grow including Maine, Eastern Canada and Quebec. They have been naturally thriving in acidic glacial soils and through long, harsh winters for over 10,000 years. This ability to survive gives wild blueberries their antioxidant power and wild nutritional profile!
Wild blueberries are naturally low in fat, high in fiber and extremely concentrated in vitamins and minerals. They have a more intense flavor than regular blueberries and are delicious in smoothies, salads, snacks and desserts.
5 Wild Benefits of Eating Wild Blueberries:
- Increases beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract promoting better digestive and immune system health
- Powerful liver and blood cleansers aiding in the detoxification of viruses, bacteria and heavy metals
- Polyphenols and antioxidants protect the body from free radical damage reducing aging and stress
- Improves neurological and cognitive function by safely drawing heavy metals from the brain
- Prevents many modern diseases by reducing inflammation and alkalizing an acidic body
Take a walk on the wild side and enjoy wild blueberries every day! Here’s a fabulous fruit smoothie that will nourish your body and your soul.
Beautiful Blueberry Banana Smoothie
2 oz. coconut water
2 soft or soaked & pitted medjool dates
1 cup frozen wild blueberries
3 medium fresh or frozen bananas
4 dashes cinnamon
In order given, add all ingredients to high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a beautiful glass and enjoy the wild benefits!
If you enjoyed this article and would like to learn more about detoxification for healing chronic and invisible illness, please sign up to receive my FREE 3 Step Divine Detox Diet Guide.